20 May 2009

in which i play a damsel in distress

(<--- He's really nice.)

This morning as Nate was leaving the house I broke up a banana in the blender. If there's one thing I love, it's Nate's banana smoothies (known as shakes around here). If there's one thing I love 2nd best it's my own banana smoothies. So with the banana ready, I reached in the freezer for an ice tray.

#1 was a water tray. #2 was a water tray. #3 was a water tray.

And then I remembered how I never fill up the ice trays when I use up the ice. Nate laughed (at me?) and told me he'd taken what was left for his water bottle and then awesomely filled them up again. Then he told me to take some out of his water for my shake. There are only three ingredients to this shake, and ice is a pretty crucial one, but I just sat down, highly disappointed and feeling like a square.

So he took three ice cubes out of his water and put them in with my banana. Then we prayed and then he left and then I added the milk and maybe I was feeling crazy but I also tried adding in a little chocolate instant breakfast drink mix. It tasted sweet like a knight in shining armor.

4 comments:

Rowboat said...

he sounds like a real sweetiepie.

Stephanie J. Robertson said...

what a guy! this is really sweet.

Stephanie J. Robertson said...

and for the record i hate ice trays.

Shiloh said...

i've been married for almost 4 years and only recently acquired a pair of ice trays. i had no use for them until we got a red blender for christmas. now orange julius has become a part of daily life. i don't know how i lived from day to day without the julius. how do you live?