08 May 2009

something old

There are people with opinions about eating old, frozen and thawed wedding cake. I was previously not one of those people. During the wedding planning, I even said, "No cake!" but my lovely sister-in-law offered to make us one, which consequently made the cake one of my favorite parts of the reception. We tasted a bit of it (very politely) when we fed it to each other. Then we dashed away to gawk at some giant trees, and I didn't think much about it (besides thinking it was pretty and awesome for Carly to have done for us). And then, our marriage turned 1 and the in-laws told us to take this crazy cake out of their downstairs freezer. So we did. And we've been uncerimoniously hackinging at it all week. It is so good.
I'm considering taking some home for Andy to try, since he's newly back to his homeland and probably is bummed that he didn't get any of our wedding food. My co-workers tried to convince me to delay leaving to go to Idaho to see Andypants, and to go see Star Trek with them this afternoon thinking that the company-sponsored movie theater treats would tempt me. Little did they know I had this appetizing delight waiting on my kitchen table.

Yum, it's good.

5 comments:

Timothy said...

cake cake cake cake cake

TJay and Jenni said...

Andy's back. Wow! Tell your family hello from us. Enjoy going to Idaho. I wish we could come see you, but I am currently a couple thousand miles away. But we just barely returned from the star trek movie, and wow. You missed out. Thanks for your comment, you made me cry.

Andy said...

I'm going to go eat more of that cake. Maybe finish my personal bowl-o-cake.

Rowboat said...

wedding cake is one of my all-time favorite things to eat. i can't wait. feel free to mail me your leftovers.

Nathan said...

wow, your blog is on TV!!