26 February 2013

today for myself

My blog was an extreme amount more fun to read back when you guys used to comment. I say you guys, but I'm pretty sure it's just me here now, which is why I will title every post the same from now on. But check this out and read the comments. You guys crack(ed) me up.
 I've been feeling so very round in the middle. You can see it, right? Even Nate, the round-belly skeptic agreed last night as I went down the stairs to do a little treadmill exercise in the basement that the roundness was indeed coming from me. (Twelve weeks, apple seed.)
 Calvin was a teensy bit grumpy, denying any desire to put on his daytime clothes (pronounced "dime clothes" if you're two) earlier this morn.
 But then a vintage fire engine extracted all of his grump,
 and he suddenly became agreeable and adorable and had some really good ideas about how to spend our time today. He wanted me to push him in the stroller to the library so he could play on the car table they have (it has tape making roads and train tracks) while I read a new book for a few minutes.
And we stayed outside till nearly six, which is amazing because that means the sun doesn't go down before six anymore! PS This picture is to show that although our backyard looks like a pastoral country scene, we are just feet from our neighbors on either side, just like you.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah it's like Instagram and smart phones killed blogs. It's too bad, because maybe this is just an old lady talking, but I liked when blogs were big. Instagram is great, but blogs had a little more umph. Umph? Yeah, I'm sticking with umph.

I feel like I am talking to myself sometimes when I blog. So I get it.

melissa said...

i like that we were just commenting on each other's blogs at almost the same time.

Catherine said...

You are most definitely round around the middle! (As am I, but you have a baby in your middle so it's something to be proud of)

Michelle said...

I miss blogs too. I felt like I got "round in the middle" faster with my second. Yeah for the sun staying out longer!!

julis said...

We all love you. And your blog. And round looks good on you. And yay for vintage fire trucks that can magically suck grumpiness away. I want one.

melissa said...

hi guys! sorry, i meant it's just me and you here now.

Anonymous said...

I'm still here! (every 6 weeks...) I love you friend and instgram killed blogs for sure, but even before that school, wifery, and mommery all together killed blogs for me. Wah.

Your belly! So cute!

ps. 1000 miles! That is crazy. You'd have made a great pioneer.

-Your long lost friend Carrie

Zachary and Elizabeth Carr said...

We, Zachary and Elizabeth Carr, have faithfully followed your Blog for years now. Wow. It really has been years! Sorry we never comment. We have no excuses. It is fun to see you guys having the adventures we imagine we would be having if we could live in Cache Valley. Your posts always bring smiles to our hearts. And how can we express heart-smiles in a comment? So there's our excuse for never leaving comments.

melissa said...

The Carrs, I know we would be such pals if you lived within a stone's throw of us. Heart-smiles are pretty hard to explain, so I understand your hesitance to try, but...you could try...or whatever...

melissa said...

See, what I usually do is catch up on reading your blog every few months, have comments in my head ready for a few posts, but then feel sheepish about posting them because I don't know if people read or are aware of new comments on old posts? I'm not so blog saavy. So, I'm going to try harder to be current (or at least embrace the better late than never mindset), because I love you, and your fam, and your blog too.

B said...

I am still here too. Just delayed in my response and slow to write on my own blog. But I agree too. I much prefer blogging to instagram and such.

I think of blog posts all the time but have a hard time writing because I am pretty sure no one cares anymore. But I like when you blog.