27 May 2013
some boring specifics i care to remember, 8 items
1. I've felt physically and emotionally opposite in May than January & February. I will always love you, May! You are kind.
2. Oh, but the heartburn is starting to return. It was a nice run of feeling normal for a few weeks, though, esophagus.
3. My child is measuring a little small. Supposedly.
4. I didn't run at all for about six weeks at the beginning, but since sometime in March I've been running 2 or 3 miles at a time, a couple of times a week. That is, I was doing that until about two weeks ago, when I felt like I really overreached. Since then, I've been walking uphill 1.5 miles and then jogging it back home, as often as I can. It seems like a good balance, but it's hard to feel like I'm exercising enough. When I started running again I remember starting to pull out of my funk and thinking that it really is one of my favorite pastimes. I just like doing it.
5. Symptoms: Maybe because of the running I've had much more noticeable round ligament pain, frequently. It doesn't really bother me much, though. Also I think I may have had a Braxton-Hicks contraction this week (which I never had last time). And twice I've woken up with leg cramps that would kill a horse, but I tried not to terrify Nate. (I don't think I was successful, however.) I'm slightly less hungry than I was a month ago. Lazier, though.
6. It's getting hard to ride my bike.
7. We have been exploring all of the nearby canyons we can find. I will be documenting some of them shortly.
8. My hair hasn't grown at all, it seems, since January. I'm getting nervous.