Every single NICU nurse who has kids that we've had for Norah has had a baby spend time in the NICU. They call it the NICU Nurse Curse.
Did you know there are actually good things about having your baby in the NICU? Neither did I. But here are five:
1. While I was still at the hospital too I got a lot of sleep (sadly that part is over since I no longer sleep between each feeding/pumping session).
2. The nurses all know what it's like to be a mom, and they're all amazing.
3. Someone else changes the diapers 90% of the time.
4. I am not always the final authority. When I had Calvin (and even now) I kept waiting for someone to tell me what to do because I have no idea. In there, they still ask me about everything, but they really know what they're doing.
5. Snacks. Drinks. Such service. They bring me a huge cup of ice water every time.
My smiley husband keeps complimenting me on my cheerfulness, but look who's talking.