09 August 2013

what to expect when you're least expecting it

When playing in the backyard turns into wondering why you feel so damp
When the doctor tells you to go straight to Labor & Delivery
But you had FIVE weeks left.
When the pitocin finally kicks in 
When your labor is anything but natural
When two tiny pushes later here she is!
When you're suddenly a big brother
And everyone's eating junk food
(because that's what hospitals stock!)
You get a Norah baby!
A strong Norah!
Just keep eating and learn to nurse and 
COME HOME, baby sister!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm so glad you finally got to use Nate's favorite phrase (what to expect when you're least expecting it) and of course, that sweet, strong norah is here! Hooray!

Abby said...

Norah Norah Norah!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE her already!

I'm COMING COMING COMING to see her sometime SOON SOON SOON.

haha. I'll stop with that.
She looks BEAUTIFUL! YAY for an easy delivery!

How big was she? and How are you? and When can I come visit?

I can do your laundry and make you dinner.

Veronica said...

Whoa, crazy! Congratulations! What a pretty name!

melissa said...

Thanks, Veronica. It rhymes with another pretty name, eh?

star said...

Congratulations! She is lovely!

Zachary and Elizabeth Carr said...

Whoa! Congratulations! She's a"norah"ble! I gasped when I read her name because I LOVE IT!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I hope things continue to go well. She's beautiful.

Stephanie said...

BLAST MY COMMENT ON THE TOP POST DIDNT GO THROUGH! Trying here....

Stephanie said...

It worked eureka! OK, well just imagine a very heart felt comment above that went off into cyber space somewhere never to return. The gist: I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!