19 September 2015

dear pal (if you are reading this, insert your name here)


I would really like you and your family to join us for dinner tonight. It is the most wonderful September day, where you believe the weather is manufactured, it's so perfect. It almost makes you sad; Anne of Green Gables can explain why. I am having a slight reprieve from nausea and so I may even cook a proper meal. I went to the grocery store, so at the very least I will dictate instructions to Nate as he chops and browns and then afterward mixes and bakes dessert. Bring a light jacket and maybe a beanie because once the sun dips the temperature also does. We don't have a firepit dug yet, so we'll just be sitting on the patio on our pew, but I'll hang some twinkle lights. We can drink Izzes. It seems like such a shame on days like today that you live so far away and make invitations like this merely hypothetical. It's rude, really. We need to take advantage of these September days while we have them. Make hay while the sun shines and whatnot. Please see what you can do about moving next door by next weekend.

xxooM

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I so wish I could take you up on this I love you so. And you paint the best pictures.

B said...

Oh i want to come for dinner. I really wish we lived close. I have all kinds of things I could use a close friend like you for.

B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
julis said...

Oh Mo! I'll be right there. You do paint a lovely picture, and because I have seen it in the past I know it's not a fantasy. Plus, bonus points for the slight reprieve from nausea! p.s. I really like twinkle lights (but you know that)

boo face mcjones said...

Oh, that sounds beyond dreamy! So glad you are having a better day and that Nate is taking good care of you! Let's make dinner together happen sooner than later!

Jess Stricklan said...

We're moving right now. See you next week.

Abby said...

I wish!