05 October 2015

gun-jumping

I know, for real, I do not need to worry about baby names yet, at this absurdly early stage in pregnancy, but I am panicking a little bit because I don't see how we'll ever come up with names I love as much as Calvin and Norah. The baby I'll find love for, but the name worries me. We set our standard pretty high (if I do say so myself, which I do).

Some days I only like very classic names:
Anne
Emily
Kate

But other days it's more like:
Ivy
Hazel
Margot

And you may have noticed there are no boys names in those lists...because there are NO BOYS NAMES in my head. I can't think of a single one. Any ideas?

4 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

I love ALL those names! Margot?!? Love it. And I suck at boy names, too. I really wanted to name a boy Lawrence (after my great grandpa and Lawry from Little Women) and call him Wren. Jesse hated that. We could never agree on boy names. Good thing we had girls!

Catherine said...

Ooh, those are good ones! Also, boys' names are totally the hardest. Obviously why I ended up with something crazy like Nikolai. Good luck!

julis said...

My one friend Dusty told us about why she named her boys Ronan and Tegan. Ronan was going to be Rohan (like the Riders of Rohan from Lord of the Rings), but they didn't like the h and subbed in the n (bonus for her husband was that it then sounded like Ronin the samurai). Tegan was going to be child #2's name whether it was a boy or a girl. The point of this story is that YOU SHOULD NAME HIM ROHAN IF IT'S A BOY!

B said...

Don't even get me started on boy names. We are down to only 7 or 8 more weeks and still we haven't thought of one we love.