22 August 2016

we face west

 The August golden hour is an actual event here. It is rose gold a lot of the time and makes everything look a little bit lovely. We like to take a circumlocution around the property at this time of day. It would really be clever if I used that time to tidy up the unmanageable patio but I don't. I either just meander around or I sit and look around at the glowing things.

Everything looks good except our lawn, of course. It's cool how you can see our property line by looking at where the dead grass ends. #winning

1 comment:

Catherine said...

In Michigan I called that time of day "pink tree time" for the rosy light that was cast on the trees behind our apartment. It is still the best light I have encountered. I'm so glad you get that light where you live too!!