positive thinking
You know how the old Little Women starts? I saw the new one with a new friend and I did like it a lot, but there are a few iconic parts of the old one that will live forever as the champion (because of course this is a contest for the best Little Women movie). The opening of the '90s version is one of those parts, with a view of Orchard House and the snow and Jo's voice, "We remember that winter as the coldest of our childhood."
That winter is this winter. Nate ensures me that it has actually not been a very cold winter, but I do not think that matters in this case. It's been a pretty rough one for me and has seemed like the coldest of our childhood. The last winter I hated this much while I wasn't pregnant (pregnancy obviously makes it the worst winter so those winters are excluded) was 2009, when I was working full-time in a windowless office with people I didn't know and doing something that was very stupid. Now my circumstances are all favorable so the only thing that I can blame it on is winter itself. But anyway, did you notice the title of this post? It is POSITIVE THINKING. Because believe it or not, even at my grumpiest I still think positively and I am positive I didn't know that daffodil and delphinium shoots came up this early! They do, though, at least during a winter that "isn't that cold." ;) I am SO excited to see what comes up first and where, because, believe it or not, even with all of my documentation and planning and obsessing over our landscaping I STILL don't know where everything is. That's embarrassing.
But, there you have it. Spring is on its way whether it feels like it or not. Positive thinking.
*Special note regarding Little Women: Another iconic scene is when Marmee is braiding Jo's hair and she keeps moving her head and Marmee keeps moving it back. YES. And the music, obviously.


Comments