speaking of back to school

 


Around this time of year I always really want to buy my kids new school clothes. What they currently wear is usually dirty, old and holey by now. I have to remind myself their dingy clothes are actually a good thing, since it means they're wearing things to the furthest extent of their possibility. Anyway, we can all agree it's a little early to actually buy school clothes--weather-wise and timeframe-wise. Plus, now that they care more about their own things, I feel like I have to include them in buying clothes so I can't just research and hunt out what I want them to wear and present them at school time (at least not with everything). So I have successfully talked myself out of school clothes shopping on the Fourth of July (relieved, but slightly bummed). And that's where Calvin stepped in this year! We sorted though his wardrobe and got rid of most of it. Even his summer clothes were worn past their expiration dates (all too short, tight, and generally small), so we bought socks, underwear, t shirts, gym shorts and new shoes this week. It filled the need and now I can wait at least another month before I feel like I need to look for sweaters, pants, and jackets.

Comments

Popular Posts